Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Simpler Way of Life

Our family went on a week long vacation through Pennsylvania this summer. While we were there, we fell in love with the Amish country and stayed several days driving the country roads of Lancaster.  The area couldn't have been more picturesque.  And the Amish and Mennonite people of the region were beautiful.  There seemed to be a quietness to their way of life that I think we all could use.  I thought that I would share some of those pictures with you and let you take a journey back to another day and another place, where time stands still.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful.
That is one reason I enjoy my life way back in the woods. It is so quiet.
Thanks for sharing your photos.
Pam

Emily ~ Little Window Shoppe said...

I used to live in Ohio and LOVED Amish country. If I could go back, I would love to learn to make quilts the way they do, aren't they gorgeous?