Saturday, September 6, 2008

Pit Bull


I am well on my way to possibly being the next Vice President of the United States.  I went to a PTA committee meeting yesterday.  

Actually, as much as I jokingly say that, I am really in awe of what Sarah Palin has accomplished.  She saw a need in her school and didn't just sit, but did.  She saw a need in her community and didn't just complain, but ran and won.  She saw a need in her state and not only ran and won, but shook things up considerably.  I am impressed that she has felt a call in her life and not backed down from the things she stands for.  She even sold the state jet on Ebay and fired the chef when she became Governor because she was not afraid to walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

I know a lot of people take issue with her lack of experience and the fact that she is a mother of five.  But few questioned Hillary Clinton when she began her quest.  And yes, there are issues within her family, but aren't there in every family?  What I respect is that this family has obviously banded together and embraced a daughter who has made the same mistake that seems to be lauded in Hollywood and poured love out on a baby with special needs without thought.  And did you see Piper lovingly lick her palm and gently smooth down her baby brother's hair?  What better image of true love is that?

Everyone starts from somewhere and I am just not afraid to put my trust in a pitbull with lipstick from Alaska.




No comments: